My Loves

My Loves

Saturday, November 8, 2008

introducing Colton Michael Mays...

Colton and his Daddy cuddling!

My sweet boy!

First Mays Family pic!


He is a big boy!
Well, we checked in to Methodist Germantown Thursday, November 6th at 5 am!! I was a nervous wreck and hadn't slept since Tuesday night. I went into this with 4 goals/obstacles to conquer for the day. You see, I have never broken a bone or had a single stitch--let alone be admitted to a hospital.
I get undressed, Josh had to hang in the waiting room while they did preliminary check in. Here comes he lovely IV lady, her name was Jamie...maybe it was a sign! Well, she was able to find two veins--they both blew. uh oh, well in walks this angel named Lauren. She sat down and hooked me right up! Obstacle one--conquered!
At that point mom and Josh joined me in the massive room and we waited as they started the pitocin, fluids, and penicillin. At 8:30, Mestemacher came to break my waters...obstacle #2 CONQUERED.
Contractions quickly started and I tolerated them for 2 hours, which was when we called for # 3 --THE EPIDURAL. I was so scared, but the anesthetist was AMAZING! He walked me through it step by step and I actually enjoyed the process! It worked almost instantly and I had pain relief for about 2 hours. I began to feel the left side of my body, so they had to redo the epidural--no big deal, didn't feel a thing! At this point I was 4 cm.
Well, 2 hours later and 10 cm I could feel the left side of my body--again! It was time to push and I was in slight pain in my left back and leg. They turned off the epidural so that I could push. We started obstacle #4 --pushing at 5:30. I was so exhausted and all feeling was coming back. Mom, Josh , and the nurse were so amazing. By 6:42 pm, Colton Michael was on my chest. I did it!! We did it!!

8lbs, 11 ounces, and 21 inches!
Colton Michael Mays
Lots of dark hair.
We go home today! I feel great, Cant wait for you all to meet him.


3 comments:

maribeth said...

congratulations, jamie!! i'm so proud of you! he is precious!

Southern Mama said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Such a miracle! Love ya'll!

jennifer said...

hooray for baby colton!