My Loves

My Loves

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stitch #8

Stitch #8
(February 2015)
 
I have been catching up on my most recent "fixes." I am going to do my best to document the pieces a little better than in the months past. I love the concept of Stitch FIx, and I hope that you will check it out. Most of the fixes I receive have included pieces that I would NEVER have looked at in a store, but wind up really liking.
 
 As usual, I was stalking the front porch for this little beauty to arrive. My Stitch's sometimes arrive Fed Ex from California and sometimes arrive via USPS from Indianapolis. This time, it was from Indy and these always ship faster!
 Always wrapped up so pretty and neat.
 I was excited to pull these colors and fabrics out of the box! Yummy!
 Market and Spruce Colibri Polka Dot Print Blouse
This blouse was navy and white polka dots. The fabric is super soft and I had lots of hope for this top. I have requested in my last two fixes for a long chambray top/tunic to wear with leggings. Unfortunately, there hasn't been one in stock...so my stylist - Laura- sent this instead. I liked it out of the box, but when I tried it on....it wasn't for me. I prob would have kept it, had it been black and white.
Fun2Fun Holston Crochet Trim Solid Blouse
 
I was SUPER excited when I pulled this top out of the box, so much that it was the first item I tried on.... Well, it didn't fit. Like Chris Farley "Fat Man in a Little Jacket" didn't fit. I SO wanted it to. The color is so rich, kinda had a orangish hue to it. The sleeves had the cutest detail (see below). Bummed, but it had to go back. 

41 Hawthorne Shara Herringbone Vest
In the past few fixes, I have also requested a Herringbone Vest. I am a vest junkie...almost as much as I am a purse junkie. I peeked once again at this Fix once it shipped and I was SO excited to see the Herringbone Vest included. Out of the box, I was still excited. This one is grey and white, I tried to take a close up shot. I had hoped for a black and white. I tried it on several times, with several tops. It is very heavy and quilted. I am looking forward to SPRING, and I feel that I just wouldn't get much from it. I totally would have kept it, if it had been black and white. At $78 I just couldn't do it...esp since I was just so so about it. 

Loveappella Edgewater Knit Top
 
SO SO SO Soft! Loved it the minute I pulled it out. This top is kind of thin, but the fabric is so comfy. I have already worn it with jeans and a cute navy vest. It is charcoal grey and white. I love the cute pocket. Did I mention how soft this top is?!?!?!
Definitely a keeper!
And Best of all...MADE IN THE USA!
 
So, I kept one piece out of five. I have already scheduled my next fix and I requested Spring/transition pieces. I also changed up my profile a bit. Hopefully, I will find some time to update my Pinterest board.
 
You should check out Stitch Fix today and fill out your own profile. Check it all out here: Stitch Fix


No comments: