My Loves

My Loves

Sunday, October 12, 2008

brand new week...

This week was a rough one, esp for my sweet hubby. What a great time to be a financial advisor, not! We wake up every morning to some "money/market" channel and hold our breaths as to how the day is going to start--up or down? I know it has to weigh heavy on his mind, constantly thinking of his clients and his business--not to mention a new little bundle of joy to arrive in less than 4 weeks! Seeing him like this makes me do something awful...WORRY!

Our sermon really spoke to me and dug in deep some things that I need to focus on. These are things that I have heard before, but it puts it all in perspective. I am NOT in control of everything. Never will be. Accepting what I can't change, trusting God-even when I don't feel like it, and giving it all up to God is something that I am going to strive to do this week. We have no control over the market, I need to focus on the things I can do and be satisfied with that. "He" is in control!

Pray for us, that we both take today's lesson and put it to use.

~Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12
~"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for answers. If you so this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand." Philippians 4:6-7

I hope you all have a great week! I go for my first weekly visit on Wednesday, not much longer and Baby Colton will be here!

No comments: