My Loves

My Loves

Sunday, September 25, 2011

sunday salsa

i decided to make my own salsa. my friend roro brought some that she made to paint night. it was so yummy! i scoured several recipes and methods, combined a few and set off for the grocery. the first step was to chop the onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno, and tomato.
above is one of my favorite tools in the kitchen, love it. it chopped the jalapenos so finely!


from there i added fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic pepper, garlic salt, and regular salt. next, i started to mix it with my other favorite kitchen tool - the pampered chef chop and stir. it was blending nicely, but not enough. i wound up chopping it more in the food processor. i also added more of the seasonings to taste. it was hard to tell how much because its supposed to sit over night.


finished product!




i put some in a bowl for josh, and the rest i mixed with corn for me! i am so excited. think i may do another batch tomorrow.




recipe (well, sort of):


4 roma tomatoes


3 large tomatoes


1 white onion


1 green bell pepper


2 jalapenos


fresh cilantro


lime juice


garlic pepper


garlic salt


table salt




- i boiled the tomatoes for 1.5 minutes then immersed them in cold water, the skin then peeled right off. i scraped the seeds out.




so so so excited to have this tomorrow after all the flavors have "married" over night!










1 comment:

Laura Meier said...

It was Yummy!! Thanks for making me some...will try mine with black beans and corn later tonight!!Thanks again!!