My Loves

My Loves

Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy days

Wow, I haven't updated in a while. I will start with me and move on to the Sarah/Baby Addi update.

I went yesterday for my glucose retest. Let's just say I am now being treated for gestational diabetes. For the next 11 weeks I will be taking my blood sugar (pricking my finger), journal sugar levels, and food intakes. Not too bad, it could be a lot worse! Anything for Baby Colton. I go next Thursday for my education class and for training on the meter. If anything this will be a healthier lifestyle!

I have been working quite a bit at the preschool. In service starts next week and the kids come on Thursday. I am so excited to start back to school. I need a little routine in my life.

Mom is at the house now painting Colton's nursery. We are so excited to get it all put together. As soon as the painting is finished we can assemble furniture and get to business!

Sarah is home and recovering. She seems to be doing very well and goes to the hospital once or twice a day to drop off breast milk and visit with Addi. She has one more week of no driving. Sarah's brother is getting married tomorrow, I am so happy she is able to attend the wedding!

Addi is still in the NICU, but doing well. They are administering meds to help close the hole in her heart. As soon as it closes they can start trying to feed her! I think she weighs over 4 lbs now! Please keep praying for the Huffmans!!

No comments: