My Loves

My Loves

Sunday, September 28, 2008

20 years


Today at church we celebrated 20 years! It was a very refreshing and uplifting service for me, wonderful music and inspiring testimonials. I have attended hope since 1997, back when we met in the gym/youth area. We came to Hope for a very small Methodist church on Raleigh. Things were so different and BIG! Mom and Dad joined in 1998, I was just "attending."

I slowly started getting involved with Hope, other than Sunday morning service. First, mom and I worked in the nursery 1 weekend a month. She then nudged me into working the coffee bar 1 weekend a month. Next thing ya know, I am volunteering at MTV every Wednesday! This is where I found my peeps and it all went uphill from there. In the summer of 2005, mom and I went to Ecuador with lots of our "kitchen" friends. What an amazing experience. It changed my life. That September I had the opportunity to return to Ecuador with a smaller more intimate group, again--what a mind blowing experience. We formed a small group from our "Ecuador Buddies." As most of you know I was able to go back to Ecuador 2 more times in 2006. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me and supported my trip financially. It was such a blessing to be able to go and share with others the word and works of the Lord.

It was in 2005 that I finally took the plunge, and joined Hope.

As most of you know I work there now too! Our preschool is a ministry in its own way. I love my kids and coworkers, they are the best!

Just thought it would be nice to reflect on my own experience at Hope.



1 comment:

Southern Mama said...

Miss you and Hope too! Mom said she saw you at the Hope Market. I know you did enough shopping for me too!