My Loves

My Loves

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Daytona or Bust

In case you didn't know, I err We have been so excited about our trip to Daytona. The beach is our happy place! My mom and dad have a beautiful condo in Daytona Beach Shores. Amazing views, beaches, restaurants, and friends. This post will mostly be a photo dump...but that's all you care about anyway, right?
Tuesday, March 17
 My fav view from mom and dad's balcony. So gorgeous. We flew in late Monday night, real late. Tuesday morning we woke up and went to stock up on groceries. Publix, is right by the condo. They recently did a year long remodel and update. Love that place. After the grocery stop we loaded up and headed over to the beach.
 Mr. Pasty sporting his green trunks for St Patrick's Day!
 He was in heaven!
 Thanks goodness, he had plenty of beachwear. Don't wanna get pinched at the beach!
That night my dad came home from the auction and we went to Hidden Treasures, Ponce Inlet for Tuna Tuesday. We sat in an old boat for dinner. It was yummy, but the noseeums were out!

 
Day 2
Wednesday, March 18
I woke up and headed down for a beach walk. It was gorgeous out and it felt so good to get out and move! We went to run a few errands before Josh flew in around 1:00. After we scooped him, we loaded up and headed down to the beach.



 That night, little man was super tired and we found him like this:
So mom stayed and in and Josh and I went out to eat by ourselves. We headed down to one of out favorite places, The North Turn.
 Night out in my new Stitch Fix top!
Our fav dish at The North Turn, Blackened Fish Tacos. SO Yummy.
 
Day 3
Thursday, March 19
No pics from the beach this day, except for the crazy "sea fog" that rolled in. It was creepy and eerie, but we stayed on the beach anyway.
 
 
 
 Dad was working in West Palm so it was just the 4 of us at the beach. Our friends Frank and Gail moved to New Smyrna Beach, close to mom and dad a few months ago. They invited us out to see their gorgeous home and to dinner and a yummy Italian Place.
Mom, Gail, and I in front of her gorgeous outdoor fireplace.
 
Day 4
Friday, March 20
Beach run.
Dad was back home and we had a super fun beach day.
 Colton, on the iphone. We had to unplug him from it.
 The sea fog rolled in again, but only stayed for an hour or two. We played corn hole, and had a blast.


 I love his scrunched up nose.
 Family beach pic!

I love the beach yall!
 
That night we went to meet our friends Jeff and Pip at Caribbean Jacks for dinner.
 Look at his precious beach outfit.

 After dinner, we went to the cutest little Yogurt shop. I cant remember the name, but it was so cute.
 
Day 5
Saturday, March 21
 Coltons favorite part of the beach in Daytona...the Ice Cream truck. He has one at least one treat every single day!
"Is there something on my nose?"
 
 We went to dinner at the North Turn again. This time we met up with friends Chris, Nicole, Raylynn, and Pip. Colton instantly fell in LOVE with Raylynn, too bad shes 12!
He did lots of dancing that night, had the entire place rockin!





 
Day 6
Sunday, March 22
Mom and I went on a beach walk, it was very nice and so peaceful. Love my walks with momma.
 
 This beach lunch was delightful, the sea fog was not.
 Brunos Pizza.
 Mom, Josh, and I had a beach day. Coley and Poppy went on a Poppy/Coley adventure. They played putt putt, ate ice cream, rode go-carts, and went to Target. After their adventure, they joined us on the beach.

 Sea Fog, these 2 pics were taken from the same exact spot.
 
 We packed up from the beach and headed back to the condo for a shrimp boil. Dad grilled fish and mom and I boiled shrimp, corn, sausage, and potatoes. Our buddy Glen Bob came over and ate with us. This is becoming a tradition with my dad. We had a shrimp boil on our last trip as well.  I think we should do it every trip. The boys go down to grill and play boccie (sp?) and the girls prep the other stuff and sip wine. YUM!

Day 7
Monday, March 23

We watched the forecast all week...we knew it was coming---rain. Boo!
SO, we made the most of it and headed to brunch at one of our fav brunch spots...Crabby Joe's on the pier. It was yummy as usual.
 

 
 
Crabby Joe's is open air, but covered and its on the pier over the ocean.

Mom and I headed out to my fav Homegoods/Marshalls ever. We also hit up the mall and did some other shopping. Unfortunately, vacation was coming to a close.
Packing is my least fav part!
For our last dinner, dad chose Oyster Pub. We had never been before, but mom and dad said it was yummy. The food was great, and the atmosphere was fun. It wasn't on the beach, but in the heart of downtown Daytona. They had loads of tvs to watch wrestling basketball and games for Colton. The boys devoured char grilled oysters and I had the best clam chowder. We will def be going back.
 Dad would kill me, but I know he wont read this! They were supposed to be silly!

We all look super pasty, I promise we did go to the beach. Should have turned the flash off!
 
Thanks to my mom and dad for hosting us. It was a fabulous trip and I cant wait to go back in June. The plan is to spend a couple of weeks there! We scored $400 each in vouchers to take a later flight out of Atlanta, SCORE!


No comments: